Friday, April 18, 2008

Happy Birthday Grandpo



Happy Birthday Great Grandpo!!

From Samantha & Jack in Arizona

2 comments:

Mary Ellen Fresquez said...

How nice for Granpo to be remembered. I thought about him all day long. But then again, he's never far away from my thoughts.

Every day as I sweep my back patio, I remember that when he visited us, he would be up really early sweeping up the mess.

My courtyard has a mesquite tree right in the middle. If it isn't beans, it's green fuzz, or millions of tiny leaves. It's a very messy tree. But ironically it brings back wonderful memories of Granpo.

The courtyard itself is flagstone with adobe walls surrounding it. In 1994, Granpo came to help us do the work. Needless to say, it was backbreaking work. At the end of the day, he would shower and be ready to go out to eat (something he really liked to do.) We would just want to clean up and watch TV. But not him, he wanted to hit the restaurants. What energy!

Anonymous said...

Like you, Tia, he's never far from my thoughts... he's with me every day when I run... and he's never far from my thoughts as I try to be the best mom I can be.

It's nice to know that through our memories, he's still with all of us.

Feliz cumpleanos, Grandpo.