
I wanted to add to the blog by introducing my love, Basil. I'm really looking forward to the possibility of a reunion so that you all can meet him yourself.
First of all, you'd notice this lovely accent he brought along with him from "across the pond," as they say. Of course, if you asked any of his friends or relatives, they would say he's completely lost his British affect. After all, he's been in our country for 20+ years.
Well, thank goodness Baz found his way to Arizona or we would have never met.
And, where did we meet, you might ask. I'll give a more romantic ring to the story by saying that we crossed paths about ten years ago in a small, dark neighborhood pub. He was probably playing pool with his friends and I was probably playing darts with mine. Only it wasn't until five years later that we finally "hooked up."
This photo was in our first year together. We took a little trip to Tahoe, where we pretended to be newlyweds. We wanted to see if we would get "star" treatment. Boy, did we. In a restaurant where we couldn't even get dinner reservations, they made room for us at the most perfect bay window overlooking the lake at sunset.
Now, five years later, we still aren't newlyweds, but we are newly engaged.
I called a few of you to announce the news that a "marriage" (not a wedding) was forthcoming. But Baz's work called him away and we have had to re-think the date. So, be on the lookout. We'll announce again when we have a handle on our schedules.
Maybe we will just remain perpetually engaged! And why not? I know a couple who pulled it off for over twenty years!
2 comments:
Felicidades!! I'm so excited for you guys!!! That's great news, and I can't wait to meet Mr. Baz. :)
stevie... you & baz are so cute!! i can't wait to hang out again. remember how much fun we had on the lake? tell him i say hello. =)
keep us posted... as to your plans for 'marriage, engagement, and/or any other status!'
Post a Comment