Sunday, March 9, 2008

this virtual brunch /chat is a welcome substitute

From: Margaret

Sent: Sunday, March 09, 2008 1:01 PM

Subject: RE: Pictures...long overdue

Hola familia querida,

Wouldn't it be nice to be close enough so .we could get together and have Sunday breakfast and it would just be the way we passed our time, being around and near one another. Since that's not how we live anymore, having this virtual brunch /chat is a welcome substitute. Thanks to Greg for initiating it and to all of you who have added your pictures and shared your pensamientos. We are SO lucky to have such a wonderful family. I feel so proud to be able to claim all of you as sangre.

How wonderful to use the computor for something other than work. Our clocks sprang forward this morning so I was at the gym around 7 am, which was really 6 am. . . .Congratulations to Ali for her resolve about running. That's just wonderful. Granpo would be so happy to know that you are following in his footsteps.

I wondered around the blog and found so many things I didn't know about our family. . .writing is so personal and there were my dad's thoughts. For a moment it was like he was right here again. And then my mom's calendar with her notes written when she was only 24 years old. Imagine the uncertainty of being pregnant as the world is coming out of a global war.

Well, I will figure out how to post my musings on the blog. . . but I wanted to add my two cents and tell you all that I love you.

Hugs and kisses. Margie

No comments: