Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Diana's dorky & funny story...

I sent this story out in an email a couple weeks ago. A few of you received the email & have already read it, but I thought I would share it with the whole familia to, as Tia Mari said, bring us closer together. So here is just a glimpse of my dorky intricacies:


I was at my parent's late last night, midnight or so, (worked til 7:00, 11 hrs - not at all relevant, but just thought I would throw it in there since it may add an excuse of exhaustion on my part) working on a letter of recommendation for myself for a program I am applying to. I hadn't even began writing the essays, simply looked at the four questions to begin thinking how I would answer. As I was driving home, I was drafting the essays in my mind. Obviously, I couldn't write my thoughts down, but thought my start was too important and GOOD to leave opportunity to forget, so I used the voice recorder on my phone to save my thoughts... as a natural writer would.

10 or 12 minutes later I pull into the driveway at home and get out of the car. Carrying a crud load of things, including my cell in hand with much else, out of know where I hear a wave of mumbles, which expectedly, scared the beegeezeecies out of me!! What could that noise be? The mumbles turned into a strange voice! I thought: oh crap! someone is right behind me. I swirl around, nearly dropping my crud load, and fainting because of a sprint-pace heart race... only to realize it was my OWN voice, saying 'the directions were perfect....' (the opening sentence of my now written first essay. =) ...) I accidently and unknowingly hit the voice recorder play button. Once my heart rate stabilized it hit me: I really am a dork.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

u r a dork.
That's funny stuff. I thought you were going to say that yoiu had called home and that the entire time you were "dictating" to my tia Margie (on the phone) not the recorder... but the recoder playing back is even funnier.

Cheers,
GF

Mary Ellen Fresquez said...

You're too funny, Diana! Actually, I can imagine that at the time it wasn't. It's weird what our minds do.

Sometime I would like to read your essay that begins, "The directions were perfect. . . "

xoxo,
Tia Mari