Wednesday, March 5, 2008

5K for Grandpo

On July 12, 2008 I am running my first 5K... this race comes after years of me being morbidly obese. On January 1 of this year I finally decided to take control of my life again.

It's incredible because Alex, Diana and Rob will all be running this race with me. This a hugely emotional milestone for me, and I want to pay my respects to the runner who has always inspired me- Grandpo.

So, I am going to have shirts made for the four of us with Grandpo's name on them. I know that he'll be looking down on us and smiling that amazing smile of his... the one that tells everyone who sees his how PROUD he is of his nietos. :)

2 comments:

Greg said...

Congratulations, that's great to hear! I've been planning to run one leg of a four person relay in 1/2 marathon... so that would be about a 3 mile run. I've running a little.

Anonymous said...

Ali we are very proud of you and continue to stay focused.

5k here we come!